Great article published today by the BBC on the importance of retail response times on revenue with Nordstrom. Gopal Brugalette, former Senior Performance Engineer at Nordstrom, and myself, were interviewed as part of our Retail Benchmarks program in London recently.
I always enjoyed working with Gopal, and I personally wanted to thank him for his knowledge sharing virtually, but in person at Dynatrace events in Melbourne, Sydney, London, Amsterdam, Orlando and in his native Seattle.
- The importance of understanding the impact of response times on revenue.
- Nordstrom found 2.5 seconds is optimum and a 0.5 second increase, reduced conversions (revenue) by 11%.
- Internally teams make decisions on the features and functions of the site by using customer experience metrics as the SLA’s to adhere to.
The highlights of the benchmarks report included:
- Global Retail Response times have increased from 4.2 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
- The slow down is a result of an increase in 3rd party components (up by 18%), an increase in number of objects on the page (up by 7%) and an increase in page weight (up by 8%).
You can read the BBC article here:
Register for my Retail Benchmarks Webinar where I will be showcasing this data:
Watch the presentation that Nordstrom and Dynatrace delivered on Youtube
Download the Free Retail Benchmarks Report
Watch a DevOps Feature on Nordstrom and Dynatrace
Good luck with your site performance.